Sentence work literacy centres are designed to support reading skills within the context of reading for meaning. The sets are designed to complement each other and offer a range of reading strategies for mixed ability groups.
Each pack focuses on a variety of skills and support students with:
- Reading for meaning
- Sight word development
- Use of language patterns in prediction
- Development of initial sound knowledge
- Development of blending skills
- Development of grammar knowledge such as verbs, adjectives and sentence structure
- Development of inference skills
Level 12 – Two Part Sentences with Adjectives
Students develop sight word skill and knowledge of sentence structure as they combine two parts of a sentence to make it either meaningful or silly. Students explore the use of capital letters, full stops and commas in these two part sentences. They also explore the ‘Rule of Three’ when using adjectives. Level 11 & 13 compliment this pack.
The pack includes:
- Purpose of Sentence Work
- Instructions for use
- 7 Sets of sentences to match with pictures [7 sentences in each set]