Sentence work literacy centres are designed to support reading skills within the context of reading for meaning. The sets are designed to complement each other and offer a range of reading strategies for mixed ability groups.
Each pack focuses on a variety of skills and support students with:
- Reading for meaning
- Sight word development
- Use of language patterns in prediction
- Development of initial sound knowledge
- Development of blending skills
- Development of grammar knowledge such as verbs, adjectives and sentence structure
- Development of inference skills
Level 13 – Three-Part Sentences with Adjectives
Students develop sight word skill and knowledge of sentence structure as they combine three parts of a sentence to make it either meaningful or silly. Students explore the use of capital letters, full stops and commas in these two-part sentences. They also explore the ‘Rule of Three’ when using adjectives. Level 11& 12 complement this pack.
The pack includes:
- Purpose of Sentence Work
- Instructions for use
- 6 Sets of sentences to match with pictures [7 sentences in each set]