Sentence work literacy centres are designed to support reading skills within the context of reading for meaning. The sets are designed to complement each other and offer a range of reading strategies for mixed ability groups.
Each pack focuses on a variety of skills and support students with:
- Reading for meaning
- Sight word development
- Use of language patterns in prediction
- Development of initial sound knowledge
- Development of blending skills
- Development of grammar knowledge such as verbs, adjectives and sentence structure
- Development of inference skills
Level 14 – Inference Sentence Work
Students combine 2 part sentences that are meaningful by examining the illustration and inferring what is happening. They also explore questions and two part sentences. Level 15 compliments this pack.
The pack includes:
- Purpose of Sentence Work
- Instructions for use
- 4 Sets of sentences [6 sentences in each set]
- 4 Inference Boards