Sentence work literacy centres are designed to support reading skills within the context of reading for meaning. The sets are designed to complement each other and offer a range of reading strategies for mixed ability groups.
Each pack focuses on a variety of skills and support students with:
- Reading for meaning
- Sight word development
- Use of language patterns in prediction
- Development of initial sound knowledge
- Development of blending skills
- Development of grammar knowledge such as verbs, adjectives and sentence structure
- Development of inference skills
Level 4 – Beyond the Initial Sound Sentences – Set 1
Students develop sight word skill and learn to look beyond the initial sounds skills as they match the pictures with words. Level 5 compliments this pack.
The pack includes:
- Purpose of Sentence Work
- Instructions for use
5 Sets of sentences to match with pictures [6 sentences in each set]