Sentence work literacy centres are designed to support reading skills within the context of reading for meaning. The sets are designed to complement each other and offer a range of reading strategies for mixed ability groups.
Each pack focuses on a variety of skills and support students with:
- Reading for meaning
- Sight word development
- Use of language patterns in prediction
- Development of initial sound knowledge
- Development of blending skills
- Development of grammar knowledge such as verbs, adjectives and sentence structure
- Development of inference skills
Level 6 – Theme Sentences
Students develop sight word skill and initial sounds skills as they match the pictures with the initial sounds of words in themed packs. Vocabulary is extended as students explore themes such as camping, the circus and even rock-bands.
The pack includes:
- Purpose of Sentence Work
- Instructions for use
- 6 Sets of sentences to match with pictures [7 sentences in each set]