Traditional Tales Retell Centre
A retell centre is designed to assist students to retell a known narrative using puppets. Retell centres assist students to develop a variety of skills:
- Oral language skills
- Sequencing and summarising skills
- Fluency – phrasing and expression
- Vocabulary development
These retell centres are from a selection of Traditional Tales and modern picture books so that children can have fun retelling well know stories using puppets.
Encourage your students to practice sequencing and summarising skills while they have fun retelling this Traditional Tale using puppets.
Puppets and Props included in this kit:
- The Smallest Billy Goat Gruff
- The Middle Size Billy Goat Gruff
- The Biggest Billy Goat Gruff
- The Troll
- The Bridge
- The Title Sign
- The Instructions